Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Reverend

Last Thursday I met a man. He introduced himself as "The Reverend." A student of theology and a very interesting person.

Of course being me, I introduced myself, shook his hand, smiled sweetly. After a few seconds of small talk I was about to walk away when he looked at me and asked, "What do you believe in?" Considering we were at a corporate networking event, a religious question was the last thing I expected to hear. My answer, "It's complicated, but when I was in seventh grade, I started my own religion, Buiism!"

A few reactions took place in the following seconds. My best friend laughed and walked away, my boyfriend encouraged more questions and the Reverend fell in love. Ok, the last one is a bit of an exaggeration but I never met anyone more interested in hearing about the philosophy that is Buiism.

We talked for awhile, each minute becoming more exciting because we saw eye to eye on the most random points. Soon we bid adieu and promised to keep in touch.

It has been five days since that conversation and I have not kept my end of the promise yet, nor spoke with my best friend that doesn't take Buiism seriously. The only thing I can myself now is, "What would Bob do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment