Enough procrastination... time to get my self to a synagogue. I have made the arrangements to go on Saturday morning and honestly, I am really looking forward to it. The last time I was in any type of religious setting was for a wedding... I think that counts!
World Religions class has been over for almost two weeks now and I have not meditated since. Prayer? A few times. It's not that I don't want to because I do, I am just too busy. Too busy for God? I have a feeling that is a common excuse for people to give.
As I sit at Starbucks, I just have a mini reflection session. I was thinking about the weddings I attend and the last few have been Catholic. When the crowd knows what to say in response to the sermon (I think this is the right word) or when they go up for Communion, I feel my body tensing up. Maybe I get a little uncomfortable. Why is that?
I don't believe the people or their faith makes me uncomfortable, I am pretty accepting and open-minded, I thinks its just the thought of organized religion as a whole. So then that means I am a hypocrite because of Buiism! Maybe not considering I don't have any followers to actually be considered a religion. Ok we're still good!
So synagogue Saturday should be fun... and I promise I will not try to convert anyone to Buiism while I am there!
No comments:
Post a Comment