Well I think I'm starting to get better at this whole spiritual practice thing. I realized that I have been super hard on myself these last few weeks and that has reflected in my feelings towards meditation and prayer. I am a work in progress...
Meditation-
I am still not super comfortable with looking in on myself. Sitting quietly by myself makes me feel overwhelmingly lonely, yet I have noticed I have been alone a lot lately. I already know the aspects of myself and my life I need to work on but facing them is a different thing. Last night while meditating, I felt like all of the pain I have been through will one day be worth it. That feeling made me feel calm but then in another instant, I was back to the chaos.
Prayer-
My talks with God have become almost non-existent this week. I have been so busy with working three jobs, going to school, and dealing with a break-up that it's hard to sit and have a conversation with something I don't always feel is listening. When all is said and done, I do enjoy "prayer time," so hopefully going into week four I can get back to my one-way conversations.
Looking back on these last four weeks, I think my spiritual practices and this blog are my favorite part of the class. Of course I enjoy expanding my knowledge of our world's religions but I also can do that alone in my pj's.
Looking ahead though, I am kind of sad the class will be over soon and then my favorite aspects that I mentioned above will somehow fade into the background of my crazy life!
No comments:
Post a Comment